Lidget Green Primary School British Values Statement
At Lidget Green Primary School, we are committed to serving our community and celebrate the multicultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of that community. We place a high emphasis on personal development, offering opportunities, guidance and support, so that each child’s educational journey is a positive and enriching experience that will help them make positive choices in their futures.
We actively promote the fundamental British values of:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
in ways which are appropriate to our pupils’ age and abilities, and aim to achieve this through the effective spiritual, moral and cultural development of our pupils, within a broad and balanced curriculum and a range of extra –curricular activities and through our links with both the local community and the wider world.
We aim to:
- support our pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- encourage respect for other people, encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes
- teach our pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- expect our pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour
- encourage our pupils to contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable our pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge of, and respect for, public institutions and services in England;
- seek to develop tolerance and harmony between our country’s different cultural traditions by enabling our pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures and beliefs.
read more here