Vision for History
Bringing the past to life!
History teaching at LGPS focuses on enabling children to think as historians.
We aim to:
- Connect our children to historical places in Bradford, Britain and the wider world
- Provide our children with a knowledge-based, immersive and engaging curriculum that inspires their curiosity to learn more about the past
- Develop a sense of chronology
- Plan topics that are informed by the National Curriculum and are sensitive to children’s interests, as well as the context of the local area
- Extend our children’s vocabulary of the passage of time and of everyday objects
- Support our children to develop historical elements: cause, consequences, change, similarities, differences and significance
- Develop our children’s knowledge of people, events, situations and developments
- Enable children to know about significant events in British history, and to appreciate how things have changed over time
- Offer opportunities to tell stories of the past
- Use a variety of primary and secondary sources, stories, digital technology, artefacts, trips, visitors and experiences to immerse our children in the past
Click here for our History Policy
Click here for our Long Term Plan for History